Monday, April 8, 2013
weekend sevens :: san jose edition.
1. this weekend we went up to my mom & sister's to celebrate my sister's birthday.
i get sad sometimes that we live so far away from any family.
but this is where God has us right now. so we have learned to soak up the time we have together.
and facetime. a lot.
2. my mom loves her grandkids. soaks up every second with them.
3. and my sister is such an amazing aunt.
her and miles have something really good going on.
they love each other so much.
i feel like he really brings out the kid in her.
i occasionally say, "listen and obey, kristy & miles."
4. i teach my sister majority of what she knows.
i mean, i'm just being honest.
but there is one thing she really teaches me about :: how to dress.
without her, i'd still be wearing gap overalls.
no offense to any readers out there that wear gap overalls.
omgosh. i sorta feel like this is a good place to stop this convo.
anyway, sister took me shopping on sunday.
it was SO FUN. and we shopped til we dropped.
also in san jose, you have to pay $0.10 for a bag.
by the end of the day, i was carrying jeans out of the store.
6. miles went to john deere heaven on the way home.
he honestly said, "please take another picture!"
7. i have a lot going on for the next few months.
there is something every weekend for at least 10.
and nights are filling up. and the days get busy.
but i love how God finds ways to let us feel his calming presence.
i depend on it. i need it.
i hope you had a great weekend! tell me something fun you did.